How to Use Parental Control?
One of the nice benefits of choosing a premium antivirus software option is that it will usually come with extra functionality such as parental control. This tool can be useful if you are worried about what your children get up to online. It means that you can protect them from threats even when you are not there to supervise them.
Benefit of Parental Control Tools on Computers
It is important to encourage kids when they have a desire to learn more about the world. The internet is a great resource for young people, and antivirus tools for parental control might at first sound like something that is only suitable for fussy or anxious parents. The reality is though that this type of tool can be beneficial for a number of reasons including:
- This tool can prevent children from accidently stumbling into parts of the online world where they will be at risk from predators.
- It will help parents to protect their kids against unsuitable content.
- It can be used to prevent young people from downloading pirated material.
- It means that parents can have a better idea about what their children are up to online without having to look over their shoulder all the time.
- It can be used to prevent kids from downloading files or software containing malware.
- Some parental control software can be used to limit the amount of time that children spend online.
Configuration Options with Parental Control
The parental control tools that come with some of the better antivirus software packages can be configured to suit the requirements of parents. The exact options will differ depending on the brand, but he configuration options will usually include:
- You may have an option that will allow you to configure the parental control from another computer. This can be useful because you won’t even have to be in the same room as the computer your child will be using in order to make changes.
- You should be able to limit the applications and programmes that can be accessed by the computer. For example, you can prevent kids for playing any violent games that you have on the computer for your own use.
- You can restrict access on the computer to adult websites.
- You can limit access on the computer to just a number of websites that you feel comfortable allowing your child to visit.
- There may be an option that will prevent your child from accessing chat rooms unless you provide approval first of all.
- There is usually an option that will allow you to limit the amount of time that children spend online.
- You can put restrictions on the people your child can send email to and receive email from.
How to Use Parental Control
In order to use parental control, you will need to enter the configuration panel. The first step will usually be for you to set up a password. This means that only those who know the password will be able to make changes to the parental control options. It is probably best not to use something obvious like your child’s name or his/her birthday. Once you have set up the password, you should then be given options as to how you wish to configure everything. The way this is done will vary depending on the software, but it is usually fairly straightforward. If you want to later make changes to the parental control configuration, all you need to do is re-enter your password.
Disclaimer: We work hard to offer you valuable and reliable information about all of the products and services we review. In order to provide you with this free service, we use links on our site that provide us with commissions for referring you to the seller's site. We guarantee that this does not influence the material we present, but may influence the positioning on our site, and only supports our efforts to offer you the best and most relevant information possible.