More Than One Antivirus Software - Yes or No?
Malware attacks are getting more sophisticated and even large internet companies like Facebook are falling victim to security breaches. It’s a worrying situation, and if you use the internet frequently, you have good reason to be worried about your safety. One thing you may be considering is adding additional anti-virus security to your computer. There is some debate about the need for installing more than one product, and this is what we will be looking at here.
Good Reasons to Install More Than One Antivirus Software Product
It is never a good idea to have two antivirus software products running at the same time, but there are some people who feel that it can be helpful to have two on their system. They will then use this other product once a week to perform a scan of the system – after first turning off their regular antivirus software. The idea is that this other product might pick up any malicious software that was missed. This only seems to be necessary though, if people are using a free main anti-virus package that doesn’t offer enough protection. There should be no need for additional security measures when people use a premium product.
Good Reasons Not to Use More than One Antivirus Software Product
It can actually be a bad idea to use more than one antivirus software products on your computer for a number of reasons including:
- If there is more than one product operating on your system, it is going to use a high proportion of the resources on your computer. This will not only slow everything down, but it can also lead to applications crashing all the time.
- Having more than one product on your computer could actually make you more susceptible to malware attacks. It is like hiring two tough guys to take care of your computer, they can start fighting each other.
- The two products will be fighting over the same resources on your computer, and this is going to lead to problems.
- It could lead to conflicts on the system that forces it to shut down.
- It can mean that you have spent extra money on something that isn’t really brining you any benefit.
- It will use up more of your time to have to manage both of these security packages.
How to Choose One Effective Antivirus Software Product
Here are a few ideas that will help you choose a sufficient antivirus product, so you do not have to worry about installing anything else:
- An antivirus suite is a premium product that will offer a wide range of security tools to help keep your computer safe. This is a much better option than installing more than one product on your machine.
- It is best to choose one of the more popular antivirus software products because it will have earned its popularity by being effective.
- The free antivirus software options will usually only offer a limited amount of protection. This may be enough if you only occasionally go online, but if you are a heavy internet user it will probably be best to choose a premium product.
- If you are unsure about the available security software options, it can be a great help to check out a reliable review website. Just make sure that you stick to legitimate resources.
- It is best to keep away from any type of pirated antivirus software because this could contain a Trojan that will actually compromise your security.
Disclaimer: We work hard to offer you valuable and reliable information about all of the products and services we review. In order to provide you with this free service, we use links on our site that provide us with commissions for referring you to the seller's site. We guarantee that this does not influence the material we present, but may influence the positioning on our site, and only supports our efforts to offer you the best and most relevant information possible.